Today, we want to introduce you to the latest and most precise technology for measuring luminance (cd/m^2) using a luminance meter. This instrument is designed to measure luminance distribution in the field of view all at once, as if it were collecting measurements from over 1,000,000 micro-luminance meters working synchronized.
The luminance meter is an optimal instrument for accurately measuring luminance and luminance uniformity. It is widely used in the fields of optical engineering, LED/LCD screen measurement, light sources, light-emitting devices, traffic signals, atmospheric photometry, or luminance measurement in roads and tunnels.
How are the measurements performed conducted?
- Just in one measurement allows you to obtain: minimum luminance, maximum luminance and average luminance of any surface as well as the uniformities.
- It measures luminance at the points defined by the user on the roadway or tunnel image, under the specifications and new clauses of CIE140, UNE EN 13201:2015, and the Spanish outdoor exterior lighting regulations RD 1980.
- It calculates longitudinal and transversal uniformities.
- It assesses the luminance in the road tunnel access zone according to regulations and technical reports such as CIE88-2004, UNE-CR 14380:2007, and Circular Order 36/2015.
- It calculates the glare, providing the luminance difference needed for an object to be visible when it is near to a bright light source.
- The software allows analysis of any point or area on the measured surface (any shape or size) and offers analysis functions for parameters like average, maximum, minimum, and minimum/maximum (uniformity), among others.
- High Precision: The spectral mismatch of the optical system relative to the V(λ) function can reach Class A or Class B levels (according to DIN 5032-7).
- High-Resolution Measurement: The CX-2B is equipped with a high-quality image CCD with over 1.4 million pixels to measure luminance at each point in the field of view.
- High Dynamic Range: High dynamic range technology allows precise measurement of objects with a wide range of luminance, from 0.001 cd/m² to 200 kcd/m², meeting requirements for very low luminosity measurements.
- High Stability and Repeatability: The instrument uses an advanced cooling and temperature control technology with semiconductors to achieve greater stability and repeatability in measurements.
- Excellent Image Quality: Equipped with high-end lenses and a wide aperture, allowing measurements from short to long distances.
- Temperature Control: Advanced TE-cooling and constant temperature technology for enhanced stability and repeatability.
- Easy to Use: Powered by AC or an external DC power source, with a USB interface, suitable for both laboratory and field measurements.
Where will we use the camera luminance meter?
The most typical applications for the CX-2B luminance meter include measuring luminance and luminance uniformity in LED displays, backlight panels, mobile phone screens, LED screens, OLED screens, FPD televisions, projection screens, road lighting, tunnel lighting, and much more.
You will find more detailed information about the CX-2B luminance meter in this link